On March 1, 2019 Ontario By Bike (OBB) / Transportation Options will be hosting a 4th Cycle Tourism Conference. www.ontariobybike.ca/ctc19
* New for the 2019 conference, OBB will be showcasing and celebrating the best bicycle friendly tourism businesses in Ontario.
To be eligible, businesses need to a part of the Ontario By Bike Network, and certified as bicycle friendly. A winner will be selected from each geographical area, as defined by the RTO/Regional Tourism Organization boundaries. To be eligible for the primary award, businesses must fall within the following categories: accommodation, food services or attraction. An honourable mention will be made for each region to best bike store or bike tour operator supporting cycle tourism.
If selected, the awarded business will:
- Receive an award and recognition from Ontario By Bike, including additional promotions to cyclists
- Be provided with 1 complimentary registration to the Cycle Tourism Conference (valued at over $250), an excellent learning opportunity for business.
- Be asked to attend the Cycle Tourism Conference March 1 to make a 2 minute presentation showcasing business to conference attendees. (Video submissions may be an option if unable to attend).
- Have an opportunity to network with tourism and industry contacts attending conference (175 attendees expected).
- Enjoy all the other perks of conference, including free entry to the Toronto International Bicycle Show (March 1 to 3) and city bike tour provided by Toronto Bicycle Tours.
- Be included in post conference publication.
If you, or a business you know of deserves the Tourism award, we want to hear from you!
Tourism businesses can submit applications here – www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZXDK238
Bike stores and bike tours operators can submit applications here – www.surveymonkey.com/r/5J6GZWP
The deadline for applications is Monday, January 21st.